Simple Lifestyle Changes That Will Aid Your Weight Loss Efforts
Hitting the gym and keeping a close watch on the calories you consume each and every day? Well, good for you! Apart from these two, here are simple things you can do on a daily basis to complement your weight loss regimen.
1) Use the stairs instead of choosing to take the elevator every single time. You can do this when you reach your apartment, your home and even on the days you go to the mall! Trust us, it will ultimately add up!
2) Switch to gluten free whole grain bread and ditch the white slices you love so much. They are better for your digestion in every way.
3) Instead of snacking on popcorn while watching movies, munch on carrot and celery sticks instead. Yes, you want to reach your ideal body weight. But do it the healthy way. Do not starve yourself all the time because your body will try to preserve the fat for its survival when it does not get food when it’s used to. You can also try snacking on nuts and raisins when you feel hungry at the office. After all, you need fuel to work!
4) Stay hydrated! Your body needs water after all the exercising as well as the work you do all day! This will help to flush out toxins and waste from the body. Drink half your weight in pure ounces of water daily. For example, if you weigh 100 pounds drink 50 ounces of water daily.
5) Get that 8 hours of sleep that everyone talks about! This is because researchers have established a link between lack of sleep and weight gain. They believe that sleep deprivation causes hormonal fluctuations which ultimately ends up causing weight gain. So, be sure that you get to bed early!
6) Make sure you have a good breakfast after a twelve hour fast. This has been shown to help trigger weight loss, especially if you do 20 minutes of exercise first thing in the morning, followed by a high protein meal.
7) don’t sleep immediately after a heavy dinner. Consider going for a walk instead and eat two hours prior to going to sleep. After all, your digestive system slows down when you tuck yourself in for the day. So why make it work extra hard?
8) Eat off of a smaller plate, and chew every mouthful 20 times before swallowing. This will help you eat less and give your brain more time to register that you are full.
These are just some of the simple weight management tips for people who want to lose some pounds. People without a strict diet and fitness regimen can follow these tips too if they want to start working on getting a fitter and healthier body.