The Benefits of Having Healthy Glutathione Levels in Your Body
Updated: Jul 16, 2021
Glutathione is a potent antioxidant which continues to surprise everyone with what it can do! There are multitudes of articles on it and medical practitioners have gone on to call it the ‘superhero’ among antioxidants and even the ‘mother of all antioxidants’.
Pronounced as “gloota-thigh-own,” it is produced by the liver naturally. It can also be found in certain fruits and vegetables. It is composed of three types of amino acids - cysteine, glycine, and glutamine.
The body is usually able to produce and recycle glutathione on its own but production comes down drastically when too much toxic waste accumulates in the body. People who are sick often have low levels of glutathione due to this very reason. Also, chronically ill patients, such as those suffering from cancer, diabetes, serious infections also exhibit glutathione deficiency. Some people might have a genetic predisposition to being able to process and recycle glutathione more effectively while most others might not be so lucky. In such cases, one should consider infusion therapy to introduce this crucial antioxidant into the body.
But why is Glutathione so important?
1. First of all, the antioxidant has the ability to slow down the aging process. By counteracting oxidative stress, it can also fight the harmful effects of free radicals on the body.
2. Secondly, healthy levels of glutathione can also help manage symptoms caused by Parkinson’s disease. It has also shown promising results in dealing with neurodegenerative problems.
3. It is introduced intravenously into the body of cancer patients to tackle the serious side effects of chemotherapy.
4. Introducing glutathione into the body can also be effective in dealing with symptoms of asthma, cataract, glaucoma, osteoarthritis and liver problems.
5. According to a 2003 study, it can help to treat colitis, a debilitating disease of the digestive system as well as detoxify the body.
The levels of glutathione in the body decrease with age. That is why it is extremely important to take supplements or opt for intravenous absorption. This will give the body the boost it needs while improving the quality of life by enhancing mental and physical well-being. Book an appointment with us today to learn more about glutathione infusion.